Thursday, July 17, 2008

Brand New Blog!!




Okay for those of you who are frequent flyers of www.wayofthepastor.blogspot.com you know that myself and some others have been going out "fishing...for people!" We have already planted seeds and seen people turn their ways and put their trust in Jesus right on the docks! "Fishing Captains" are being organized at our church to be trained how to reach the lost the way Jesus did using the Law and they will also be equipped to train others to share their faith as well! My passion is to see the lost come to Christ and for those in Christ to come to the lost. However, it is not just a passion, it is what I do! I find time, I make time, I plan times throughout the day to go to my favorite fishing spots (Lake Decatur, Central Park in downtown Decatur, and Fairview Park). Sometimes I am albe to have conversations with people. Other times if there are no poeple walking around (because the majority of people have real jobs)...I just walk around and pray to let satan know that this is God's fishing spot now! I practice having conversations with people in lines, at the store, in a parking lot, anywhere I can to master the art of being personable and friendly! All of this because I care enough to do something about those who don't know Christ, who used to know Christ, who think they know Christ, who hate Christ, and who even think He doesn't exist! So let me know about your favorite fishing spots and what you are doing to fill up those nets!

Way of the Pastor,
Joe Drew

No comments: